Sunday, August 25, 2013

B-AGT




            One of my favorite portraiture artists, German artist known as B-AGT, creates fan art of familiar figures in pop culture from video games to movies. Most of his portraits are pencil or paint. Many of the portraits feature characters from the Final Fantasy franchise. He is not a professional artist and only paints as a hobby.
            He grew up creating art as a hobby and draw subjects from shows he liked. His work can be seen on DeviantArt and gained popularity right away. For him, fan art is to interpret something you like. When you like something so much, you want to show our appreciation for it by recreating it but adding personal style. Most of his works are pencil but he also fancies watercolor. It takes him about 12 to 15 hours to finish a piece, which is almost no time at all!

            I find his artwork inspiring because his subjects are very similar to my personal work. I love creating fan art of characters I love from my favorite TV shows and video games. His artwork motivates me to strive to be better and develop my skills.


No comments:

Post a Comment